Re: Mailing Fish

I just checked with the post office today while mailing plants. Perishables
(e.g. live fish) will not be insured if sent priority mail, because it is not
guaranteed delivery within a period of time. However, they would be insured
if sent via Express Mail because Express Mail guarantees arrival within at
least 2 days.

A manager at the LPO (local post office) pored over the manual checking this
out for me. Hopefully, this is accurate info I am passing along.

I am beginning to think it is better to send them via e-mail. I keep getting
a returned mail back from an attempted send. The stated reason is that it
can't be delivered within 24 hours.

Sylvia