Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #627

Hi Matt,

I'd be leery of using soil from the garden.  The chemicals most of us use
in the yard are VERY slow to degrade.  A little bit of Diazinon goes a long
way in a fish kill!  I use some soil, that's not really a problem.  Find
you some nice red clay or good loam without a lot of organics and nuke it
in the microwave for a few minutes.  Good places to get soil are old growth
woods and anywhere you know there are no pesticides or fertilizers being used.
Have fun.

Ray