Re: Aponogeton ulvaceus

>>While I finally have no problem getting these leaves to grow upright as
opposed to horizontally, since addition of CO2, it's growth actually appears
rather unsightly in my tank. The leaves get very long and grow from a stem.
I'm not sure if this is due to too low lighting conditions, and the leaves
are reaching for the light. Maybe this plant is more suitable for a deeper
tank? (I have it in a standard 55 gal) Does it grow more compact and fuller
under higher light?<<

No, quite the opposite. Under moderate to bright light I have found this
plant to grow long, wide, undulating leaves. Under inadequate light the stem
part of the leaf is much longer and the leaves themselves are long and
skinny, looking more like a deformed crispus! (is this what you are
describing?) Without CO2, I found the leaves to be just as wide under the
right light, but look more lackluster. With Co2 the plant looks much more
vibrant in color. They do grow tall though, in excess of 20"

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com
RK Aquaria Plant Forum moderator
http://www.rk2000.com/cgi-bin/plants.cgi
Open Directory Editor, Humans do it better!
http://dmoz.org/
Get first pick of new plants! Join my mailing list
http://www.aquabotanic.com/mailing/index.html