Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #623

Hello Jim,

The old rule-of-thumb is to let a heavy rain fall for 30 minutes --
rinsing the atmosphere and all the surfaces -- and then start collecting
the rainwater for aquarium use.

A relatively young tar shingle roof is not a good collecting surface --
it leaches stuff into the rainwater, which then often has a yellowish
tinge. A polyehylene sheet collecting rainwater would be ideal.

Best,

George