Re: The pineapple growers' substrate

Aloha.

PLEASE do not send any soil from Hawaii to the mainland!  Hawaii has
Nematodes in the soil and due to agricultural concerns it is
prohibited to send soil in any form to the mainland.

We have used laterite dug from various areas on the island of Oahu.
In fact my aunt who is a former University of Hawaii soil chemist
instructed us on how and where to find it.  If you are gathering soil
from Hawaii be very careful NOT to gather it from or near
former/current agricultural land due to the various chemicals that
were once used on the crops and run-off.

Mahalo,
Lori