Re: Boron in PMDD

Zach wrote:
>     For some time I've had what may be Boron defic. since calcium doesn't
> seem to help it.  I use reconstituted ro water, but don't add B to it.  I
> have tried dosing a boric acid solution ( using boric acid powder from drug
> store- concentration not listed) without results.  I've been conservative
> with the dosing because of the unknown concentration in the powder, and I
> know above a certain level B is toxic- (esp. to plants).  I'm waiting for
> info from manufacturer.
>     I'm wondering, did you successfully correct defic. symptoms with your
> dosing, or do you just add it for completeness?, and which test kit are you
> using to monitor it?
Zach,

I added it for completeness. Our tap water contains trace amounts
to start with and I added enough to my PMDD to get 0.05ppm for
every 0.1ppm Fe. My plants must not use a lot, because it
accumulates to ~0.5ppm. I never see it get much higher. Now the
stickler: I test my water at work on an ICP spectrometer, 28 metals
at the time. It sure does take the guess work out of water changes.
Plus I get NO2, NO3, PO4, SO4, NH3, Cl and CO2 at work. Once
a week gives me a gracious piece-of-mind. Sorry I couldn't help
more.
Jamie    <"\\\><
Greenwood, SC