Re: Boron in PMDD

David Whittaker <dwhitt at magma_ca> wrote:
> I wish to increase the boron in the PMDD. Can I add it as borax to the
> mix, or must I use boric acid: will anything be affected by using the former?

Hi David,

I use boric acid myself. It's cheap and can even kill roaches!
Whereas borax is cheap and cleans clothes! Really, either will
work fine. You won't be using enough to alter any water chemistry.
An aqueous solution of borax is ~pH 8.5 and boric acid is ~pH 5.1,
but that's in the % areas. FAQ: boric acid is made from borax and
sulfuric acid.
My tank levels commonly read between 0.05 -0.5ppm, and there's
~0.1ppm in our tap water.

Jamie    <"\\\><
Greenwood, SC