Vortex Diatom help

I'm having trouble with my Vortex Diatom filter, it blows a lot of bubbles
into the tank while operating... I checked for leaks in the intake,
replaced the jar seal, still having the problem. I purchased a 'shaft seal'
on the assumption that it was pulling air in thru the top, but I can't get
the pump disassembled to replace it. Is the impeller glued to the shaft or
is there a hidden fastener that holds it on? Vortex's web page is no help,
and they will not respond to emails.

Larry