Re:Not Enough Algae, Otos Eating Plants..

In a message dated 10/15/2000 3:57:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

>  Thanks for the replies. Since the Chain-Sword is right up front in the tank
>  I have been watching my little buddies systematically work on the newest
>  tender leaves on the runners so I can testify to their villany... very
>  chilling :-)

ok, i stand corrected... however, how can you call them such names????  :-)
they are one of my favorite fish, they are just so cute i wouldn't care if
they munch on some scrumptious soft new growth...  be grateful you can keep
them, they tend to be delicate upon arrival and lots of people can't keep
them alive...  they haven't chewed on my amazons but i keep the big ones, not
the chain one.  i always see them busy ridding the amazon leaves of algae.
they 'll also eat flake and wafers that fall to the gravel.

good luck.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA
http://www.egroups.com/group/orchidspecies