RE: Running Vortex filters for long periods

The Vortex Diatom Filter is designed for continuous use
if one prefers (Stated in their spec sheet). I have
four of these filters for 27 years and run them 24-48
hours at a time with no problems. Keep the motor oiled
and the seals greased with 100% food grade silicone.
These units last forever. Well, depends on your description
of forever. Some of the stuff out there now, forever equals
2-3 years.

Mark Robinson