Clown Loaches+Plants?

I have 2 1" clowns in my planted tank. They leave the swords and
aniunias(spelling?)nana alone, but attack those instant bulbs from wal mart.
If I were to get ludwiga, creeping charlie, crypts, java fern, micro sword,
and vals, are those soflt leaf and the clowns will eat them? If I feed them
more will that make them less likely to destroy my plants? Also, what happens
when they get bigger? I can part with them to get about 4-6 Dwarf loaches, or
are those even worse? Help me please! I want to keep at least 1 loach that
doesn't kill my plants. Kuile/Coolie?
Erik