K2SO4

Hi all,

I have symptoms in some of my plants that look like potassium deficiency.
As per the suggestions in the Krib and the list archives, I'm going to try
adding K2SO4.  I'm already using PMDD, which has helped a lot, but some of
the plants still get brown holes in older leaves.  Nitrates have begun
building up just a little (<10 ppm), so I think it may be time to tilt a
little more toward K2SO4.

Here's my question, which may be a stupid one.  What happens to the
sulfate?  Plants obviously use up the K, Mg, and NO3 of PMDD, but I doubt
they use nearly that much sulfate.  Am I wrong?

TIA,

Chetlen
Chetlen Crossnoe, Ph.D.                   Lab: (713)743-8371
Postdoctoral Fellow                       Email:  cc691077 at bcm_tmc.edu
Department of Biology and Biophysics
University of Houston

"Have we any right to assume that the Creator works by intellectual powers
like those of man?"
                      -- Darwin, The Origin of Species