Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #597

Hello Janne,

----- Original Message -----

> Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:55:45 +0300
> From: "Janne Koski" <jk at koskija_pp.fi>
> Subject: Marsilea Question
>
> Hi all,
> after a few months of begging at LFT I finally got them to order some
marsilea. So now I'm a happy owner of almost dead pot of marsilea, wondering
what to do with it. What are light, temperature ect. requirements for this
plant? I think that the species is M. crenata.

> Janne Koski

I do not have Marsilea crenata in my tank. But I will give you some infos
founded in a book (Bernd Greger, Pflanzen im Süßwasseraquarium).
1. Water: soft up to hard, temp. 18-25 °C
2. Light: medium lighting with flourescent tubes
3. Ground: coarse-grained sand
4. Fertilizer: frequently pellets (full fertilizer) under the roofs
5. CO2: recommanded up to 20 mg/l

In case of fertilizer defizit, leaves get black and the plant doesn't grow.

Good luck with your marsilea and regards, Klaus.