PCF bulbs

I've been casually checking around on the web for pc flourescent light bulbs
& fixtures, while I'm still contemplating a cure for my light blues. I called
someone at BuyLighting.com to see if they carried, or could get pcf bulbs and
what the price would be. He found GE 50 watt bulbs at a price of $10.50.
These would be 5000K and I assume, can be accommodated in a fixture rated for
55 watts. Life expectancy is around 14,000 hours. He found Sylvania 55 watt,
5400 K bulbs, with a price of $16.50, life expectancy rated at 12,000 hours.
Sounds a lot better than prices listed in m/o catalogs.

Sylvia