Re: Marsilea Question

I have Marsilea (sp. unknown) in a 60 gallon under 3-4 watts/gallon MH
lighting, CO2, PMDD. It seems to thrive in the bright light, but also creeps
around the tank in the darkest areas. When I first bought a pitiful looking
clump, I found that the best way to make it spread was to let it run across
the tank, then pinch off the runners into 3-4" long sections and replant
closer together to force it to form a mat. When treated this way, it will
send out more runners from each joint. When it formed a mat at the front of
the tank it looked good for a while until it caught a lot of debris and the
algae took it over. I pulled out the mat and now only see it in the creepy
state.

Tom