Re: DIY Hood Question

I used 1" thick pine to match my stand. I have a 90 gal. tank 48"x18"x24"
(LxWxH). I made the sides and split the hood down the middle and used
hinges. I stained it and then wired it up with the ballasts, endcaps, and
starters from my old perfecto doublebright strip lights but put the ballasts
in the stand (You should wire the ballasts somewhere other than the hood
because it will keep the tank alot cooler!). I also wired vent fans on the
back to remove any heat buildup (The hood sits almost airtight on the tank).
I think pine or some other wood looks alot nicer than plywood also.

                              Front
     |                       Hood                             |
     |________________________________________________________|
      |                                                      |
      |                       Tank                           |
      |                                                      |

                      Side
      ______________________________________
     |                  |                   |
     |                  |                   |
     |                  |                   |
     |                  |                   |
     |__________________|___________________|
      |                                    |
      |              Aquarium              |

Good luck!
Send me a personal e-mail fore more detailed information.

Ryan Duff
Pottstown, Pa.
DUFFY730 at hotmail_com
Aquarium Plant Phanatic