Re: Glass

Bill writes:

> Just wanted to post that AGA uses 3/16" glass on  their versatop hoods and
>  you can only get 1/4" and 1/8" glass here in the US at retailers.
>   The aquarium manufacturers use the special sized glass so you can not
>  duplicate their products for less money from your local hardware store. I
>  managed a hardware store and had looked into it at one time.

Hardware store?  No, no, no.  Glass shops are cheaper and have 5/32 and 3/16
inch glass.  My AGA lids are 5/32.  Some of my homemade lids are 5/32 and
some are 3/16.  I don't have a cat, so I don't have to worry about that,
although cans of fish flakes and lots of nets, filter components, etc. have
spent a day or two on any given one of them.  Oh, and my wallet and car keys
now and then, too.

Bob Dixon