Speaking of Chloramine...

Chuck Gadd writes:

> Dwight, what about the fact that that filter won't actually remove all of
the
>  chloramine?  It will remove some of the chlorine from the chloramine, and
it
>  won't remove any of the ammonia in the chloramine.

As long as the subject has been mentioned, how does Choramine work, anyway?
Chemically, I mean.  Both NH4 and Cl are negative ions, right?  So, how do
they get chemically bonded to one another?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator        o
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com               0