Re: CO2 Regulators

    My, my...I can't believe I'm actually going to chime in on this, but
here goes...I have enjoyed the past 3 months of gentle lurking...

I've been selling industrial pressure reducing valves and regulators for the
last 10 years.  These devices generally have a specific set of parameter
ranges within which they are promised to perform.  Knocking 900 psig down to
a consistent 10-25 psig is a pretty good trick...can anybody tell me how
much the gas expands when this occurs (just curious)?

I would bet money that the majority of the regulators in question have a
minimum inlet pressure requirement, and that this data is readily available
from the manufacturer or distribution.  They can probably also tell you what
will happen when the inlet pressure goes below this minimum.

I'm not familiar with the 2-stage regulators I've seen mentioned here, but I
don't doubt they exist.  My 20# cylinder just ran out...I'll chat with the
guy at AirGas about this next week.

Mike Lowry
Eggelhof Inc.