Re: Malaysian Trumet Snails (was Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #570)

> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:37:07 EDT
> From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>
> They are Malaysian trumet snails, and this forum's
> jury is still out.  About half of us (myself included ) rue the day we
> introduced them. They get about 1/2 inch long, and most stores are also
> infested with at least one tank of them.

Eh? Such harsh words for such a useful janitor. I certainly wouldn't call the
MTS population I have an "infestation".

Maybe "we" should call the jury back in and take a vote. Send mail to
<booth at frii_com> that indicates whether or not you like Malaysian Trumet Snails.
Since this is an aquatic plants forum, please couch your response in the context
of MTS in a planted tank. I don't give a rat's part-that-goes-over-the-fence-
last about what stores may or may not think or how they muck up your oscar tank.
A simple "MTS:yes" or "MTS:no" will suffice and won't cripple my ancient and
humble 14.4 modem. Hold off on the elaborate and universally ignored sigs also.
In the spirit of "we're all in this together", please vote only once. I'll post
the results next week.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/