rummy-nose tetras

Does anyone here have experience with these guys? I bought a school of
ten last Thursday and as of tonight I have one left, and he'll probably
be dead soon. They looked perfect in the tank, which has soft, acidic
water, and which the neons and rasboras seem to enjoy. But one minute
they would be swimming around just fine and the next they were belly-up.
Literally.  I'd read that rummy-noses were delicate but this is
ridiculous. The water parameters are fine, with no ammonia, nitrate or
nitrite. Is there some other paramter/problem they're particularly
susceptible to?

Thanks,
Amy