Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #565

In a message dated 9/24/00 1:54:31 PM Mountain Daylight Time,

> The funny thing is that my KH is only about 6 degrees (don't know ppm, Sera
>  test kit), and is only about 2 out of the tap.  Switching fish is an
option,
>  but I really like my south americans, so I'd like to see if I can find a
>  solution first.

If your KH is that soft out of the tap and that high in your tank, then you
need to figure out what you have in the tank that is being dissolved.  It
won't be fast enough for you to see.  The big suspects are decorative rocks,
gravel, and "sea"shells..  What have you changed?

Bob Dixon