Feeding Otocinclus catfish

I only have one currently, but he has been with me for several months.  Mine will eat sinking algae disks.  But even more than that he
likes to eat flake food now.  He eats it just as quickly and readily as all my other community fish.  He will even turn upside down at
the surface and eat the floating flakes too.  I don't know if it is the best for him, but he is the longest living one I have ever had.
I've heard they are supposed to like eating algae off of live plants best.

Scott