Material Suitability

Sorry to continue this seemingly endless CO2 discussion on even longer, but
I just came across a piece of information that puzzles me.

On the Air Products web site there is a FAQ covering materials of
construction which can be used for different gases. Plugging Carbon Dioxide
into this, I see that both Buna-N and Neoprene are listed as possibly
"iffy". Specifically, they say that "suitability depends on condition of
use."

Some regulators and metering valves use these materials in their
construction, for diaphrams, seals, etc. Would the use of these materials
render these particular devices unsuitable for use with CO2? i.e. can a
regulator with a neoprene diaphram be safely used with CO2?

Has anyone got any ideas of what "condition of use" would mean in these
circumstances?

Thanks

James Purchase
Toronto