Re: Tropica quality

A few people have asked about the quality of Tropica plants.  I will try to
give an answer, however, it is based on hearsay and information that I've
read.  Alas, I have never owned a Tropica plant.

Plants grown from tissue culture grow in a very sterile environment.  This
creates very healthy and robust plants.  Additionally, the fact that they
are typically grown emersed (except for the true aquatics) means that the
plant you buy should be healthy and strong.

As a result, Tropica plants enjoy a good reputation for their consistent
health.  However, this is NOT to say that healthy plants are not being
raised in other parts of the world.

A last point is that should you buy a Tropica emersed-grown plant,
understand that it will probably drop its leaves in the process of being
acclimated to your aquarium.  This is because the plant is changing its
leaves to the submersed type. At least that's how I understand it.

Regards,

Art Giacosa