re:Quality Products.

Bruno:

The regulators I am referencing are configured as follows. Maybe you can tell
me if they are Dual Gauge or Dual Stage. They have the standard brass female
connection to the cylinder. There are two pressure gauges coming out of the
top. One is the tank pressure (CO2 cylinder). The other is a step-down
pressure gauge, which is adjustable via a large flat head screw in the middle
of the regulator body. Turn it clockwise to increase the stepdown pressure,
counter clockwise to decrease the pressure. An electronic solenoid valve is
attached to the side of the regulator, and a needle valve is attached to the
solenoid. The brand name of the solenoid on each reg is Burkert, made in
Germany (per the label of the solenoid).  So what type regulators have I got?
The $5 timer I was referring to is a simple 1 time on/1 time off. If you use
a timer what more do you need? Digital timers are nice, but not necessary.
You can buy these at Home Depot or Lowes two for $7 or so. Digital timers in
my area (Atlanta) sell for $25-$30 at HD or Lowes.

I don't understand the big issue with having to know the specifications/part
#s of each component of the regulator. You buy a portable gas grill in kit
form from the store with a filled gas tank for your outdoor cooking. You can
spend $99 to $1299. You put the grill together. Connect the regulator and
check the connections for leaks with soapy water. You use it for years and
you only need to get more propane once a season. You know from experience
that the rotary knob on the grill turns the propane on and off. You have had
no explosions. Did you call the grill manufacturer and check the specs and
manufacturers of the individual components of the grill? Probably not. You
put it together, used it, and your experience with it tells you it works
correctly. The manufacturer puts components that work with each other in the
kit, so you don't have to buy them each individually. This service is part of
the cost of the grill.  Your steaks, burgers, and hot dogs all seem to get
cooked. It does the job it was designed for and seems to do it well. It
really doesn't need to be more complicated than this, unless you want it to
be.

Your car is made of components manufactured by dozens of different companys.
Do you know the specifications/part # of each of the 3000-4000 parts that
make up your car? No. You get in, start it and it takes you from point A to
point B. The company that builds it makes sure that the 3000-4000 parts all
work together. That is part of what you pay them for when you buy the car.

The regulators I own do what they are designed to do and do it well.  I do
not know and do not care to know what the individual component's
specifications and part #s are. I want something that will deliver CO2 to my
tanks at a constant rate and do it safely. The regs I refer to do this
consistently, without fail. As I have posted several times, they are on the
internet and readily available from several MO companys (which I previously
listed). If you care to be that detailed, go for it. I do not.

Regards,
Dave