Re: CO2

Steve,

You are correct Steve. My statement might have caused some confusion.
Understanding the relationship between KH, CO2 and PH is essential.
The main thrust of my comment was geared at the fact that in my
opinion, it is not a good idea to use CO2 as a means to artificially
lower the PH of the water below it's normal equilibrium level.
Effects could be a rapid rise in PH in the event of a power outage on
a solenoid system or a rapid rise in the event of the CO2
bottle/source becoming empty.

This topic is relevant to the fact that fish are usually somewhat
adaptable. It is better to keep a fish slightly outside it's desired
parameters than to keep one in which the parameters are constantly
changing. (PH, Temperature etc...)

Steve: Thanks for clarifying my statement to everyone!

Julius
Menlo Park, CA
http://www.market-diligence.com