Re: Tropica illegal import?

> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:15:31 -0600
> From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
> Subject: Re: Tropica illegal import?
>
> William Beckerman wrote:
> > As somebody that *really* wants to buy Tropica plants, and doesn't
> > understand why after 12 years of importing the USDA put a ban on them, I
> > like to hear more on 'Tropica's illegal importing'.
>
> As far as I know, the reason they can't be imported is because they are
> planted in rockwool.  They need to be bare roots, I assume for inspection
> purposes.
>
> > I am hard at work putting the Tropic website database into a standalone
> > Mac/Windows FileMaker pro version that I can distribute, assuming I can
> > obtain permissions from Tropica.
>
> I've got a series of PERL scripts that parse their web pages, and I've got
> the results as a MS-SQL7 database.
>
> I even got their permission to build a web interface using their data,
> but Soren beat me to the punch.

Hi Chuck

At the moment i am working on a even better plant search engine than the one
i have at the moment.
Off course i will post it here when it is done.

I also though about making an version where you can insert the search engine
in your own webpage, in an <iframe></iframe> set of tags.

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html