Re: Clearing Up Confusion

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:12:22 -0500 (CDT) Cynthia Powers <cyn at metronet_com> in
APD#544 wrote:

>Folks - on the rare occasion that I demand a thread be dropped I mean
>IMMEDIATELY.

I am assuming here we're talking about the portions of the thread (really more
like a mass of threads) of questionable content, not specifically any talk
relating to CO2, correct?

Hope so.  I'd hate to think all the tech info would be lost.  It's regretful
when someone has to step in to moderate.  I haven't noticed it being much of an
issue in this list, but I have seen plenty of other places where the moderation
was used simply as a form of censorship and control for the benefit and
interests of the list/message board operators.  That brings about complete
conflicts of interest when the operators are generating ad revenue, etc. that
influence their motives.  Not the case here thankfully.

For anyone who thrives on moderation, there are plenty of fascist-like lists and
message boards available, dealing with all sorts of topics.

Bruno