Re: more CO2 regulators

Mark Gilmore wrote:
> It seems to me that a pH controller is a REQUIREMENT for any CO2 system to
> function reasonably.  As long as the water has a reasonably stable kH, a pH

I couldn't disagree more.   A properly adjusted CO2 system can result in a
very stable pH, and is VERY reliable.   Using an electronic pH meter, I get
a .2 pH swing from day to night.  That's it.

> Having attempted to make an open loop yeast bottle system work on my 20
> gallon tank,  and watching the pH wander all over the place and stress my

Yeast bottles are a whole different matter, due to the varying production
of the yeast mix.   It would be like having a someone continuously adjust
the output pressure of your regulator.

--
Chuck Gadd