Water Chemistry, Simplified

From the Denver Rocky Mountain News, reporting on answers to health and science
questions from junior high, high school and college students:

1. H2O is hot water, CO2 is cold water.

2. Water is composed of two gins: oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin.
Hydrogin is gin and water.

3. If you smell an odorless gas, it's probably carbon monoxide.

I have no doubt the students who gave these answers are authoritatively posting
on UseNet as we speak, err, type, err, read.  Whatever.

George