Re: Apon. Ulvaceous

My apon is the same - co2 injection, 4w/g, flourish & flora-pride
fertilizer.  Leaves laying basically flat, and a definate reddish tint to
them.
Personally, I still put this up to high light.

Derek Johnson
djohnson1981 at yahoo_com

> To answer Sylvia's question, yes I have been injecting CO2 from the start.
All the details are in the original message.  This is a tank I set up in an
assisted living home and I only see it about every 2 weeks.  I will be there
tomorrow so I will let you know of any changes.

> Due to the original post not showing up, here are the latest changes.  The
plants are still producing new leaves and flowers but the leaves are still
mostly horizontal.  The new leaves are at least half the size (length and
width) of the original growth now too.  Three weeks ago I placed about a
half Jobes fern and palm stick under each plant.  It is odd to me that the
leaf size has changed (smaller) so drastically, with conditions good and
plenty of nutrients.  Unless someone has some advice, I may just pull them
up and try a nice sword.

> Sylvia, the *floss* method is interesting, but new leaves growing in may
get blocked by the floss bundled stems, or may grow outside the bundle,
which puts you right back where you started.  Since mine are growing behind
some large boulders I suppose I could place a few smaller stones around each
plant to help support them, but I still think there is a better *natural*
solution out there.  Or maybe not under my conditions.  This is where I am
looking for help.

> Whine shields up........
> Honestly I am a bit disappointed at the lack of response to this question,
especially since this is a common plant.  People seem more interested in the
old filter debate and fish names lately.  Maybe I should have called this
the Minnesota Aponogeton ulvaceous.  THAT would have gotten some attention
<g>.