Re: Some Carbo-Plus answers

Aquatic Plants Digest 9/8/00 3:48 PM Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com

>Thank you, everyone, for your responses (both on-list and off-list) to my
>questions and comments about Carbo-Plus.  Thanks to your input, I'm now
>leaning in favor of a compressed gas system for my next tank.
I would also like to add my thanks too! The information was very helpful.
If my new venture back into aquatic plants works, I will add more new
tanks, and so for if no other reason a CO2 pressure system is the way I
will go, but all the information sure helped!

<snip>
>There must be a market for compressed CO2 systems that "just work,
>period".  I know that I'm willing to pay extra for an extremely reliable,
>highly automated, well-researched product.  When I make this next
>purchase, I'll want someone (or some brochure) to explain to me what the
>device's possible failure modes are, and then to reassure me by saying
>that I'm more likely to get struck by lightning than to have any of these
>problems.  Further, in the unlikely event of a failure, the device should
>still fail gracefully, even with a complete idiot like me operating it.
>It's okay for the CO2 to stop bubbling out, but it's not okay, ever, for
>it to kill my fish.

Hey I'm all for CO2 systems, but I must again point out that not only is
it not okay to kill your fish, you want to lookout for the rest of your
family as well. Remember it doesn't take that much C02 to kill you! Ask
any safety engineer and they will tell you all about the problems with
CO2 systems. This is not to dissuade you from using a CO2 system, only to
point out any time you are working on a CO2 system, use quality parts and
hoses. That said, there are some very nice complete systems out their
that will give you a safe, effective system for your tank, they also tend
to be on the pricey side, but consider what your peace of mind is worth.
My last point is for people that aren't good with things mechanical, get
help with this project!

William Beckerman
Cornelius, NC