Re: Aquarium Silicone

> Can someone please tell me specifically what brand of silicone can be used
>  in an aquarium? I have been using small, toothpaste size tubes of Duponts
>  "Aquarium silicone", but I would like to find something larger. I see
dozens
>  of silicone or calking, but none with certainty that are pure silicone.

A good question, because not all silicone cements and caulking compounds are
safe for fish.  If you browse through the glue section of the hardware store
or Walmart and carefully read the labels on the different types of silicone
cement, you'll see exactly what I mean.  Many such silicones specifically
mention "not for aquarium use," or "harmful to fish."  To be safe, I always
buy silicone cement manufactured specifically for aquariums.  Hartz makes an
aquarium cement, and so does Top Fin, among others.  I would recommend you
purchase your aquarium silicone the same way, choosing only those products
specifically marketed for aquarium usage.