Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #513

Can someone please tell me specifically what brand of silicone can be used
 in an aquarium? I have been using small, toothpaste size tubes of Duponts
 "Aquarium silicone", but I would like to find something larger. I see dozens
 of silicone or calking, but none with certainty that are pure silicone.

 Robert Paul H
 http://www.aquabotanic.com
 Potted Glossostigma, dwarf lobelia, C. lucen
 San Jose, CA USA >>

Use DAP 100% Silicone Sealant, Caulking gun size (10.1 oz cartridge) , A Dow
Corning Brand available at most Hardware Stores and Building Supply houses.
Price $4.60 or there about.  For some reason the label no longer mentions
aquarium use only that it adheres to glass.  I am still using some home made
tanks made with this sealant in the late sixties.

Allen