Re: night lighting

My solution is not so elegant as Chuck Gadd's, but it works. I
bought a little 4-watt fluorescent strip light at Home Depot and
hung it on the back of the 30 gal tank (actually hanging behind the
tank). I turn it on manually when I want to do some night viewing,
and the light shines up onto the canopy lid and deflects into the
tank for a very soft glow. The bulb has a pinkish glow but I think a
blue one would be nicer. Hanging it directly over the tank gave too
strong a light for my taste, which is why I set it up to reflect off
another surface first.

Cathy Hartland
Middletown, MD