night lighting

Hello, all.

I am currently building a new hood for my 90 gal, and I have left some room underneath for night-viewing lights.  I have a few questions...

1) Has anyone used night-viewing lights on their planted tanks, and if so, were there any adverse effects on the plants?
2) I have seen both red night viewing lights and blue (actinic) "moon" lights advertised.  For my purposes, blue light would be more aesthetically appealing, but I also know that many fish are not sensitive to red wavelengths, thus the popularity of red night bulbs.  Am I going to keep my fish "up" all night with a blue bulb, or will this do a reasonable job of simulating moonlight?

FYI, I'm not planning on putting too much red/blue light over the tank.  Just one 48" T-8 (anyone know of good sources for these in red or blue?) or a pair of 13W CFs from AH Supply.

Thanks.

Dave Gauthier