Re: Two questions

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, zxcvbob wrote:

> > From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
> >
> > Second, does anyone know a way to dye PVC or CPVC pipes so they would be
> > less obvious?  I do a lot of plumbing around my tanks with PVC and CPVC,
> > but their light, off-white color makes them stand out.  Gray pipes and
> > fittings are less noticable. but there's only a limited choice in gray PVC
> > pipe and few if any fittings in that color.
>
> Spray paint.

All of my fittings and pipe are hidden around the back or bottom of my
tank, except for a bit that is actually in the tank.
This is an interesting idea, and something I'd never thought about... What
sort of paint would be considered aquarium-safe?  Would enamel be OK? (I
would guess not.)  How about epoxy spraypaint?

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com