Re: two questions

>> Second, does anyone know a way to dye PVC or CPVC pipes so they would be
>> less obvious?  I do a lot of plumbing around my tanks with PVC and CPVC,
>> but their light, off-white color makes them stand out.  Gray pipes and
>> fittings are less noticable. but there's only a limited choice in gray PVC
>> pipe and few if any fittings in that color.
>
> Roger
>
> One thing I have used in several tanks and have had no noticable side effects
> on plants or fish, is to spray the submerged plumbing with black epoxy spray
> paint.  I have gotten this spray in several small hardware stores.  It is used
> on kitchen equipment and is usually available in white or black.  There may be
> other colors available.  For the plumbing outside the tank, I use a colored
> spray enamel to match whatever surface it is attached to.
>
> Ron
> SW TN

Hi Ron:

    I too am looking for a way of coloring the CPVC pipes in my tank in
order to "tone them down", and was pleased to see your response to Roger's
question. Could you tell us what actual brand you used? I'm not a chemist by
any stretch of the imagination, but would guess that different formulations
of epoxy paint could differ in their toxicity. And what about the epoxy
paints used in marine (boating) applications? I know they are available in a
wide range of colors.

Thanks,

Ron Barter
Perth, Ontario