Two questions

Folks,

Here are a couple questions I keep meaning to ask...

First, has anyone tried using compact fluorescent flood lamps with
built-on parabolic reflectors as hanging pendants for small open-top
tanks?  If so, how did it work?  I have a 20 gallon tank that I think I
can cover with five 9- or 13-watt lamps -- nominally, 2.5 or 3.25
watts/gallon.  A lot of the light would spill, so higher might be better.
One problem is that I haven't been able to find small CF lamps with a CRI
rating of 90 or more from any major manufacturer.

Second, does anyone know a way to dye PVC or CPVC pipes so they would be
less obvious?  I do a lot of plumbing around my tanks with PVC and CPVC,
but their light, off-white color makes them stand out.  Gray pipes and
fittings are less noticable. but there's only a limited choice in gray PVC
pipe and few if any fittings in that color.

Roger Miller