Re: Woods for building aquariums and tips

Roger Oconik writes:

> Are there any woods one should not use for building an aquarium?  I am
> thinking about using cherry.  Any tips from those who have built there own
> aquariums would be helpful.

You will have to seal the wood with something, so it doesn't matter too much.
 There is a good plan at www.garf.org that you can adapt to your own
dimensions.  This one uses plywood and exp;lains how to seal it with epoxy.
Epoxy paints are a good approach, because silicone will seal the glass to it.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator       º o
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com               0