Re: More Reflector Measurements

Biplane10 at aol_com wrote:

> Ivo wrote:
>
> >Be aware that the Triton reflector is 6.5" wide, so it >won't fit in the
> >opening of your canopy. The AHS reflector is better in >this regard, it
> >is 4" wide.
>
> According to someone at A&H Supply, this reflector cannot be used with NO bulbs because they're designed for with with the PCF bulb, so they are not as wide at the top as would be needed.
>
> ??
>
> Sylvia

That's right, I didn't mean that AHS reflectors can be used with T12 bulbs.
If you have T12s and a narrow strip, you are probably stuck with less-than-
ideal reflectors, if any at all. No reflector can be efficient if there is
no space around the bulbs to redirect the ligth down into the water. This
is a problem common to all (that I know) low price aquarium hoods and strips.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD