Lament LaMotte no longer: pH kit

George Booth laments LaMotte's discontinuing their pH 6.0-7.4 kit, which I
too have. But I a solution... literally. This is a bromthymol blue test, as
is Aquarium Pharmaceutical's pH 6.0-7.6 kit, which I also have. If you run
a few tests I think you will find that you can use the LaMotte vial and
comparator with 5 drops of the A.P. solution insead of 8 drops of the
LaMotte. At least to my eye this gives comparable colors and intensities
when I compared the two reagents in some side-by-side test.

Jared
Jared Weinberger                    jweinberger at knology_net
______    http://www.knology.net/~jweinberger/     ________