Coconuts? Slightly off topic.

I was in an upscale produce market the other day and
saw coconuts.  I had a flashback to one tropical fish
book or another and remembered that the author
suggested using coconut shells for anchoring java moss
and such.  Besides, it might offer my dwarf cichlids a
cool hideout.  I bought two coconuts and managed to
get them open this afternoon without maming myself.
The sticker on the coconut said to use a "stout knife
or vegetable peeler" to get the meat out.  I
successfully managed to bend the peeler and figured
I'd better put the knife away before I sliced off my
thumb.  Now I have four meat filled coconut halves in
the kitchen sink.

I saw in the archives that a few of you have used
coconuts in aquariums.  My wife's good humor is going
to fade fast.  Any suggestions on how to dig the meat
out?

Thanks,

Chris
newellcr at yahoo_com