Re: Wisteria and flying foxes

Hanna wrote:

>	Today at my pet store, I was looking for some oto's( couldn't spell the
>real name!), and they did not have any.  So, I got  a flying fox, and 2
>Chinese algae eaters.  The pet guy said flying foxes do not eat algae, so
>I went home, got my book, and it said they were mostly herbivorous.  I
>want the opinion of people who know, and who can be trusted, so I ask
>you.....will the flying fox eat algae, or be a fish that does nothing?

I've heard flying fox are one of the few species that will eat beard algae.
I have two, and they seem to be active eaters - but its hard to ascribe
results to a specific fish because there are several ottos and a pleco
in there too.

CAE's will eventually get much larger, and I've heard that they get
more aggressive as they get larger, but I've never actually seen it.

Steve

Steve Rogers
@Outcome, Austin TX -- ICQ: 46340238 -- AIM: StevRocket