how can I help these plants grow back

When I recently moved I one of my planted tanks really crashed on me. Three
sword plants in the tank had the leaves turn brown and then transparent.
Some of the stems turned brown too. I left them for a few weeks hoping they
would pull through. I ended up loosing all but a few leaves on each plant.
The stems of the brown leaf areas has stayed green and seem healthy. I
finally cut the brown leaves this weekend. What Im wondering is should I cut
the stems back some more to promote new growth or cut them back all the way
to the crown. Anything else I can do to help them produce new growth. The
rest of the plants in the tank are doing quite well now. Thanks in advance
for your help.

Thanks,
Chris Lewis
Dallas Tx