Re: Denver area clubs and fish stores

> Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:22:56 -0600
> From: "Mortimer Snerd" <mortimersnerd at uswest_net>
>
> Recently moved to Denver, am looking for a good fish club to get hooked up
> with.  Also, if anyone can suggest some good fish stores for plants and reef
> equipment, that would be great.

Justin,

Welcome to Colorful (and dry) Colorado. Aren't all the shades of brown lovely?

One of the oldest fish clubs in Denver is the Colorado Aquarium Society

  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4713/main.htm

There are other clubs but I'm not familiar with them.

Chuck already mentioned Neptunes in south Denver. Up on the very far northwest
end, Boulder actually, is Exotic Aquatics. We've been getting all our fish there
recently.

Sherman Tank on north Federal Blvd is(was) good. They (used to?) get bulk
shipments of fish and plants in and sold them cheap and quickly. Haven't been
there for awhile.

Aquaria on Colorado Blvd is good for marine fish, not so hot on freshwater (last
time I was there).

Nautilus in Longmont (hey, it's Colorado, get used to driving a long way to get
what you want!) just moved to a new location. They are not that impressive (so
far) but are willing to work with you to get what you want, which is impressive.

The best store for plants, IMHO, is Denizen's of the Deep in Ft. Collins (an
hour north of downtown Denver on I-25). If you head that way, drop me a note and
stop by to see our tanks.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts