Re: Reflector measurements

Ivo,

I appreciate your post but wanted to add a recent experience re: lighting and
reflectors.

I had 2 nearly new double strip Perfecto (white paint) reflectors lighting a
29 gallon tank. I was lamenting my green rotala macranda. My first step in
increasing lighting was to foil my two double strips. There was an immediate
change in coloring on the plant. In fact it turned red.

The white reflective part doesn't extend to the bottom of the strip, and I
reasoned the black portion might be wasting some of the light.  I foiled the
whole thing, including the white reflector, for simplicity. So I really can't
conclude that the foil is superior to the white reflector, but it appears it
may be on these strips.

Sylvia