Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #449

I`ve read that several folks out there have and love their Clown Loaches in
their planted tanks . Well , I aquired 6 of them ranging from 3 1/2 to over
5 inches long . Since their addition to my tank I`ve noticed a lot of "funk"
in the water . I`ve been polishing the water to help clear it up but as soon
as they come out and play the water gets funky again...and stays pretty much
that way unless I take steps to clean it up . I love these guys , always
playing around each other , swiming 4 high along the tank , but I think
their nosing the flourite and behind and around every plant is causing the
problem . Is  the price I have to pay to have happy Clown Loaches  , in my
previously sparkling clear tank , cloudy water ?
                      DT
                      Wilmington , Ohio
                      USA