Re: Altum Angels

    Hello George,

    A big Altum/Plant tank.  That sounds nice!

    In case this helps;  in Amano's Aqua Journal #37, there is a tank of
Altums.
    It's 48''x18''x18'', and is all hairgrass, and java moss, with virtually
no shade.  It is lit with 320 watts of flourescents, if I read it correctly.
So that might help, indirectly, in considering the MH's.
    And FWIW, on the subject of lighting deep tanks: In the same issue there
is a 6'Lx3.3'Wx3'H discus tank lit with 440 watts of flourescents.  Even at
that depth, he has a full carpet of E. Tenellus and it looks like some other
type of chain sword.  His bulbs have a fairly high blue content ( they are
somewhere between 7500 and 8000 k), which he credits as the reason they can
penetrate deep tanks.

    There are also his views on acclimating wild caught Altum's, and how to
raise them so that long finnage is encouraged.  I'd be happy to relay that
info to you if you're interested.

    Zach K